An Annual contest is going to conducting by the US Space Agency, NASA which is cooperated by National Space Society (NSS) and Ames Research centre, San Jose State University for all the class 12 students from anywhere in the world.
Small teams of Two to Five, large teams of Six and More and Individuals can be judged separately. Space Settlement design and related materials should be developed by students. March 1 is the last date for submission.
The Grand Prize will be awarded to the best submission and it will place on NASA Ames World Wide Web Site. This year March, the committee will announce their twentieth Grand Prize Winners.
Students from India have deep interest in this field and are going to actively participate in competitions. This competition only permits only 12th grade and lower students. Students from all over the world will participate in this event. India sent in close with 3 dozen teams, both large and small groups from 18 countries with 600 entries will be accepted.
Contestant Prizes, Deadlines and Certificates:
- Last date for all the submissions is March 1, 2015.
- Participants will receive the NASA certification via Post Office.
- Regardless of category, best submission will get the best prize and will be submitted on NASA Ames World Wide Website.
- The 34th International Space Development Conference in Toronto, Canada is inviting all the contestant participants of 2015.
- Highest ranked winners should give oral presentation if time is available.
- Special sessions are arranged for teachers, contestant and participants.
- All the contestants are invited to display a poster if extent space is available.
- Submissions should relate to orbital settlements.
- Settlements may not be on Moon and Planet.
- Original research, designs, stories, models, artwork, essays or any orbital space settlement materials may be submitted.
- Submission must be in the form of Hard Copy. No soft or electrical submission is accepted at any case which includes videos, CD’s, DVS’s, and Power Point Presentation etc.
- The description should include images and text to describe the project clearly.
- Two copies of entry form with appropriate information must be included with submission.
- Be sure to fill all the fields. If possible please type all the fields. Attach it firmly.
- Always include Bibliography.
- Keep a copy for yourself and submissions are not returned.